White Paper Games
Based in Manchester, England
25th March, 2014
Ether One is a first person adventure game that deals with the fragility of the human mind.
There are two paths in the world you can choose from. At it’s core is a story exploration path free from puzzles where you can unfold the story at your own pace. There is also a deeper, more adventurous path in which you can complete complex puzzles to restore life changing events of the patients history in order to help the validation of their life. The aim of the parallel paths was to make Ether One accessible to a range of skilled players. The hope was that people would be able to enjoy playing the game and solving puzzles with parents or friends, as well as immersed in the game on your own with the lights off. From a young age we enjoyed the first person puzzle games that required you to write cryptic notes on spare pieces of paper to unravel mysteries. Ether One aims to bring back pen and paper puzzle solving, whilst still being accessible and optional for people not wanting to get stuck and frustrated on the harder puzzles.
- First person adventure game.
- Open narrative exploration in the town of Pinwheel.
- Optional puzzle solving.
- Accessible gameplay with additional controller support for players that aren’t as skilled with complex controls.
- Challenging pen and paper puzzle design you can decrypt at your own pace.
Playstation 4 Trailer YouTube
Release Trailer YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Narrative Design" 2014 Destructoid
- "Finalist" 2014 Indiecade
- "Nominated for 'Use of Narrative'" 2014 Develop Award
- "The world of Ether One is a superbly detailed and well thought-out place."
- 4/5, Joystiq
- "It’s been just two days since I last player Ether One and I’ve not stopped thinking about it since. I thought about it before I went to bed last night, and the night before. I thought about it when I woke up this morning. I thought about it when I had lunch. So far I’ve sunk 12 hours into a game easily completable in four. I’ve not nearly managed to restore all of the projectors. And I've hardly scratched the surface."
- 9/10, Strategy Informer
- "Superb: A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage to what is a supreme title."
- 9/10, Destructoid
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About White Paper Games
We’re an independent game development studio based in Manchester, UK.
More information on White Paper Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ether One Credits
Oliver John Farrell