White Paper Games
Based in Manchester, England
June 28, 2012
Press / Business Contact:
White Paper Games
142 Chapel Street
We’re an independent game development studio based in Manchester, UK.
We are currently hard at work on our next title, The Occupation. A politically driven, first person, narrative game set in 1980’s North-West England in which you play as a whistleblowing journalist.
We will be publicly showing The Occupation for the first time in London's Tobacco Dock at Rezzed ‘17 on the 30th March 2017 as part of the Unreal Engine collection.
There are currently no platforms confirmed, not because this is undisclosed information, but because we’ve not spoken with any platform holders to date in regards to The Occupation. We’d love to bring our game to as many platforms as possible and we will of course be updating information as soon as we know more.
We also don’t currently have a release date except to say that we learnt a lot from the development of our previous game, Ether One. Since day 1 of The Occupation’s development, we didn’t want to announce anything until we had a clear vision of the game. This game is now in full swing of production we hope to announce a release date soon.
White Paper Games released its first title, Ether One, in March 2014 to critical and popular acclaim. Ether One was nominated for a Develop award for 'Use of Narrative' & was also a Finalist at Indiecade 2014.
We’re hoping to build upon Ether One’s success with our slowly growing team of 8 in our small studio in Manchester. We’re hoping to deliver something with the same narrative impact as Ether, along with a (hopefully) unique approach to gameplay which has been heavily inspired by the immersive-sim genre.
Download The Occupation Announce Trailer Here: download.
The Occupation Announce Trailer YouTube
Playstation 4 Trailer YouTube
Release Trailer YouTube
There are more images available upon request. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Narrative Design" - 2014 Destructoid
- "Finalist" - 2014 Indiecade
- "Nominated for 'Use of Narrative'" - 2014 Develop Award
- "The world of Ether One is a superbly detailed and well thought-out place."
- 4/5, Joystiq
- "It’s been just two days since I last player Ether One and I’ve not stopped thinking about it since. I thought about it before I went to bed last night, and the night before. I thought about it when I woke up this morning. I thought about it when I had lunch. So far I’ve sunk 12 hours into a game easily completable in four. I’ve not nearly managed to restore all of the projectors. And I've hardly scratched the surface."
- 9/10, Strategy Informer
- "Superb: A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage to what is a supreme title."
- 9/10, Destructoid
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Nathaniel Jorden Apostol
Audio design & Composition
Co-founder & Designer
Oliver John Farrell
AI & Animation implementation